Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ecclesiastes

So...I was reading in Ecclesiastes today and came across an AWESOME scripture....

Ecclesiastes 9:10-12 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might; for there is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol where you are going. I again saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift and the battle is not to the warriors, and neither is bread to the wise nor wealth to the discerning nor favor to men of ability; for time and chance overtake them all. Moreover, man does not know his time: like fish caught in a treacherous net and birds trapped in a snare, so the sons of men are ensnared at an evil time when it suddenly falls on them."

I've found myself, especially lately, getting caught up in going and doing and learning and planning my schedule, that I've totally missed the whole reason why I'm here, why God planted me in right here, right now....

I'm not here to go to school...I'm not here to do what I WANT to do...I'm not here to be the most active in church...I'm not here to sit on my rear in church every single Sunday and still not have told anyone Monday-Saturday about Jesus....What I'm here for is to quit worrying about myself and my plans, and instead spread the Gospel...

Jesus didn't come to Earth to sit and build houses, or go to the temple and learn....He came here to save people....Before he ascended he told us to GO therefore and make disciples of all the nations....Why then are there thousands of people around us are still lost and headed for hell?

Maybe if for just one moment we would take our focus off of ourselves and put it on God....people might get saved...after all who are we to think that we have the right to do something other than God's will?

Time's a wastin'.....tell someone about Jesus today.
Peace out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only thing that misplaced passion produces is missed opportunities.