Friday, February 9, 2007

The Greatest Act of Worship

My desire on this site, and on the larger platform of my life, is to inspire others to come to a place of deeper worship. It could be said that worship is simply the act of proclaiming who God is. When I sing my songs in church and I raise my voice, this is not only vertical communication of me lifting my voice to God, but also a horizontal act of me making His revelation known to others around me; proclaiming to them His wonders, His goodness, His grace, His love and His incredible mercy. I just finished reading my friend, Kenya’s, blog and am deeply touched:

http://kenyablack.wordpress.com/2007/02/09/anna-nicole-smith/

I am reminded that the greatest act of worship to our God, that we can involve ourselves in, takes place outside of the walls of our churches.

The moon and every star that we see in the sky on a clear night, is a proclamation that God has made of Himself. “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” Pslam 19:1. God since creation past has been glorified as His works are made known in the darkness of night. The thing that Kenya has called me to remember is that the work of evangelizing those that are walking in darkness, is the most significant act of worship that we can involve ourselves in. How honoring is it to our God when we proclaim His light and His glory in the darkness of the world of the people we encounter everyday. I believe that when we help someone to see His light and to glorify Him, it is better than a million choruses of praise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buddy...you almost made me cry. :)

I am feeling such a major burden for those that are lost. I'm tired of being the typical American Christian that sits in the church 3 times a week and expects God to send people to me to witness to. He didn't say "Sit there, and I will send you a flock of sinners and then you can make them disciples".....He said, "Go...and make disciples." I'm tired of sitting and ready to GO!

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts, Buddy!

I'm a first-timer to your blog and appreciate your energy!

God does too, and will fortify your efforts - go for broke! It's WORTH it!

Phil—

Buddy said...

Phil...thanks for dropping by and for your encouraging comments.