Friday, July 20, 2007

Daddy's and their Kids

Well after several nights of sleep deprivation Friday is here! I have been working like a horse with blinders on a presentation that I made today to a potential client. My days were so long this week that I literally was unable to see my daughters for three days, as they were in bed when I left and in bed when I got home. I have some compulsive work tendencies that I have to work very hard to really keep in check, but tonight I am happy to be home.

I have two girls loving on me right now as I'm typing this (my youngest and middle). Fathers love to be with their children, especially after long periods of no communication. How long has it been since you spent some quality "alone time" with THE FATHER?

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Well, I was counting on some great "alone time" with the Lord while on vacation last week. Last year when we went to ocean I got up early, before the sun would rise and prayed while I watched it come up. Man, there is nothing sweeter than watching God's Mercy rise anew with the dawn of a new day!... especially by the ocean...which I miss desperately after having grown up in C.A.

I like to have long times of quiet before the Lord in the mornings. I am bless that I home school and that all my children love to sleep late. This allows me to have quiet time without having to get up at 6 a.m. ( which you know I hate).

Anonymous said...

Like Cherie, my favorite time is early in the morning. Each time is sweet, but there are those special times that just seem matchless. I often wonder how God feels as we are "sitting" in His lap loving on Him.