Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Don't sing another Pioneer Song!


We just finished VBS and it was a lot of fun! I did participate by leading the songs. Our theme was "Pioneer Days", but the funny thing was that in the literally hundreds of songs that I know, I couldn't think of one child's Christian song that had anything to do with pioneers (huh, go figure?).
So I got to write some little diddies that went over quite well with the children. Unfortunately, I can't get the songs out of my head. I spent the better portion of today singing "What a Pioneer Knows" and "The Prairie Song". It was really funny at first, but did I mention that I can't get them out of my head! MAKE IT STOP!!! :)

8 comments:

Cherie said...

So...are you going to copywrite them? Maybe you could be the next LifeWay guy. You know that guy that writes all the vbs songs and choreographs those cool moves!!

Dreama said...

That's a good idea Cherie! The songs were really cute and Thanks for your help!!!! YEEEEEHAWWWWWWW

Mike said...

I only know one thing, and that is what a pioneer knows. But you have to be a pioneer to know what a pioneer knows.

Mike said...

I just had a flash of brilliance, maybe you could start something like Pioneer aerobics at church using your new songs!!

Buddy said...

Mike...like Paul Eugene..."my praise is funky" :) But that combination would just be TOO FUNKY! LOL

Michael Cooper said...

YEEHAW!!!

Anonymous said...

I distinctly remember having to "remind" you of the tunes (not just each day, but each performance). Ironic that now that it is over you can't forget them!

Anonymous said...

We are about to have another Pioneer and Prairie Dogs VBS and would love to hear your songs! Are they copyrighted or can they be used by other churches?