Monday, August 6, 2007

Life and Death Miracles

"The fig tree withered on the spot, a dry stick. The disciples saw it happen. They rubbed their eyes, saying, "Did we really see this?" A leafy tree one minute, a dry stick the next?"...

...But Jesus was matter-of-fact: "Yes-and if you embrace this kingdom life and don't doubt God, you'll not only do minor feats like I did to the fig tree, but also triumph over huge obstacles...Absolutely everything ranging from small to large, as you make it part of your believing prayer, gets included as you lay hold of God.".
Matthew 20 (The Message)

All of us at Cornerstone and Oakstreet were reminded today of how He has it all under control and the incredible work He is doing, when we got word of the decision Shawn made to surrender his life to Christ. I know that almost daily these days I catch myself in a state of amazement much like these disciples who stood there rubbing their eyes.

Its an awesome place to be, seeing His works, small and large, as we are striving to lay hold of God. I believe we are on the verge of an awakening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is truly humbling for God to allow us all to experience His work.

Anonymous said...

I had chills when Cherie called and told me about Shawn! Praise the Lord :)