Monday, August 20, 2007

Unforced Grace

Here is the newest addition. I started writing this song on the way home from work while thinking about the people that we are ministering to. Josh and I finished it tonight. How dark things can seem. Then without warning His grace, light and love come shining through. How could we not praise Him?

(Click the player on the right to hear the recorded acoustic version)

Your grace is sufficient Lord
a light of hope
in my darkest need
Your love is abundant Lord
in a thirsty land
you're an endless spring

You're love is holding me together
drawing me to You
You're grace has freed me forever
And this is why I praise You

'Cause You love me,
You save me,
You make me brand new.
You lift me,
You raise me,
You give me song, I return it to You.

Your word is shining Lord,
Light my feet,
make clear my way.
When I'm being tempted Lord,
you show me the path
so I don't stray

I'm learning the unforced, rhythms of your grace


(copyright 2007 Josh Brock and Buddy Holt)

8 comments:

Cherie said...

I like it :)

Unknown said...

I'll be back tomorrow to listen to it... don't want to wake the M.O.T.H.

Anonymous said...

Rhonda - What's M.O.T.H?

Cherie said...

hey...when are you going to write something other than a song? :)

Anonymous said...

When they stop ROCKIN as hard as they do!

Anonymous said...

Okay, if Rhonda won't answer my question, would someone else, PLEASSSSSSSSSE? What is M.O.T.H?

Buddy said...

Dale....Man Of The House

Cherie...soon

Anonymous...thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Buddy. That's so simple, and I knew Rhonda must've been talking about Boonie, but for the life of me, I just couldn't figure it out. By the way, you've been taqged. Stop by my space to see the rules.