Sunday, November 4, 2007

No Evangelism in Heaven


So we are on our way to the church this morning and Emily, my oldest, says, "Man, the year has flown by" which got us all talking about the fact that we are already in November and that Christmas is just around the corner. How did that happen? Christmas nearly here!!!

Well, I told Emily that it seems every year that you grow, the years just seem to clip off that much quicker. I added in my statement that because Christ is the Lord and center of our lives that we will live even after are days are spent here on earth. So that got me to thinking about God's purpose for our existence here and I realized something that I never really thought about before. I know it is silly but the thought really impacted me....In heaven there will be no evangelism!

When death comes or God rolls this world up like a scroll (whichever comes first), all opportunities are gone forever. So many times we focus on someone else slipping into eternity without hearing, but I realized this morning during that conversation, that I seldom consider the impact my own mortality has on the whole equation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talk about "self-worth" in this respect, and I begin to gain a certain level of anxiety. "Am I doing enough?" "Who haven't I talked to about the Lord?" "How much time do we have left to reach them, Lord?"

No, not a silly thought. It's very real.