Monday, January 14, 2008

Exciting Days

One of the hardest things about leaving our old church was leaving the worship team and have to start all over. Playing and singing are such a big part of my expression to God that it was tough. Only my musician friends really understand truly what that means and how big of a deal it really is. However, God used our moving on to mobilize others into that ministry. A chance that they would not have had otherwise.

But I am so excited because He has been so awesome to assemble a new worship team at Cornerstone. It is really starting to come together and it has been so exciting. The past two weekends have just been great! We could use a keyboard player and another male vocalist, but I am not pushing things. I'm just so happy with the people He has allowed to come together. There are a lot of things that are falling into place and I am so excited to be here at this place at this time.

Our little congregation is really starting to take on its identity also which is very exciting. I couldn't help buy notice on Sunday that to me it is a place that just feels "real". No pretention - just people coming as they are with the desire to love God and love others. Not that neither are without pain, but it is a pretty exciting thing to be a part of.

God has been so good to give me the opportunity to forge some firendship and to do some one-on-one discipleship. My desire is to find two to three men that I can disciple and get integrated into the lifegroups and church this year. Please pray with me toward this goal!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you're back!!! Enjoyed the post!

Michael Cooper said...

i enjoy playing along with you guys when i come down! I can't wait until I can jam with y'all more!!

Anonymous said...

cornerstone has truely been a blessing to me...i have never been in a church congregation where i knew without a doubt that the people not only loved the Lord but loved others around them so much that they would give up anything to witness to them...as for the praise team, only God could have brought us all together...

praying for ya and all the work you have going on right now...see ya'll saturday1!

Anonymous said...

cornerstone has truely been a blessing to me...i have never been in a church congregation where i knew without a doubt that the people not only loved the Lord but loved others around them so much that they would give up anything to witness to them...as for the praise team, only God could have brought us all together...

praying for ya and all the work you have going on right now...see ya'll saturday1!