Thursday, January 17, 2008

God's Applause

"Sometimes the whole world is applauding you and God is saying, 'that's not what I called you to do'. At other times it seems everything is against you and God says, 'you are right where I want you to be because you don't know the things I am doing that you can't see.'". This was what a friend told me was the lesson that God taught her in a big way after learning that her new album has been nominated for a Dove award as "best album of the year by a new artist.". She told me that just prior to receiving the news of the nomination she was battling feeling down and like things were just not moving.

I understood what Annie was saying and I know a lot of you reading this do too. Her desire is for God to use her, not to receive awards, or gain men's applause, etc. Yet, sometimes you can work very hard and very long at what God has called you to do without any sign of affirmation
and that gets tough. The clouds of doubt roll in and you begin asking yourself, "what am I doing?" How great it is when something happens to remind you that you are right where you need to be.

Galatians 6:9 says, "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

My prayer is that I can be more vigilent and to not miss an opportunity today to be Christ's hands, giving God's applause to someone I know doing the ministry they have been called to, but in need of a little affirmation.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

That was so well written. Thank you for expressing what so many of us, God's servants, sometimes experience in terms of affirmation and confirmation. As long as we are tuned into the Holy Spirit, God's voice is amplified in our little ears and we advance His will. Your friend, Annie

Buddy said...

Annie,

I am so glad to see that you dropped by! You and Kevin come see us!