Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our Uncle Has a Problem!!!


On more than a couple of occasions in my life I have been grievously disappointed after trying to help someone battling an addiction...only to see them squander the resources I have given them to fall back into the same trap. People who are desperate to satisfy that need just won't stop asking....begging....stealing. The manipulate in anyway they can if they think it will result in getting what they are after.
If you have ever experienced that frustration....then you know exactly the emotion that I have in regard to this bailout that the President and Senate are trying to push down the throat of the people. The Senate voted out of turn today, in order to pressure the house to pass this, after adding another Billion (yes, with a 'B') to the prior nightmare, which was rejected outright.

I am praying the representatives in the house, both Republicans and Democrats, will stand their ground to reject this piece of legislation again. The message needs to be sent, "What is it about NO that you don't understand!?!" Uncle Sam has a real problem and in need of some real help, but $800 billion is only perpetuating his addiction to uncontrolled spending and the drug of power at the cost of the people.

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

It's all too crazy. I try to just tend my own garden, be always kinder than I need to and Write Songs.

Sanity!

(Found you via the "songwriting" tag on Blogger.)

Buddy said...

Hi Jannie,

Glad you found me! Thanks for posting. I think you have definitely taken the right tack. It didn't take me too long to go on overload. I'm just shaking my head from the whole deal and walking away...there has got to be a song in that, right?