Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ready? Action!!!

I feel like I've been dropped into the middle of a scene in an action movie. All kinds of things are happening and I find myself right in the middle of it and wondering all the time, "how in the world did I get here?" and yet simultaneously elated at what I am observing and experiencing as God is moving all around me!

We are rejoicing in being able to observe the baptism of 6 folks within the past two weeks. The LifeGroup that I am a part of is only two weeks away from splitting into two groups. The other groups which were started only weeks ago are experiencing equal situations, and our Sunday celebrations are growing like crazy! We are at near capacity in the little room where we meet in our present building, but God has provided the AC unit that we will need to double our space for Sunday morning worship. While all of this is well and good, the thing that I am most excited about is simply the genuine changes that I am seeing in the lives around me and experiencing personally.

This awesome opportunity, however, does not come without attacks and daily I find myself in vunerable situations, which left unchecked could move me to "the outside looking in." So I diligently pray for the grace to remain in this place.

Real worship is a response to the knowledge of God's working. Its not something we conjure, its something that happens as we are simply awestuck by His wonders and works. These past weeks have resulted in an incredible growth in my worship of Him and with the Psalmist I can proclaim, "better is one day in your courts, O Lord, than ten thousand elsewhere."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buddy,

Thanks for speaking to what real worship is. Too often, it is conjured with people looking for that warm fuzzy feeling rather than trying to place themselves at the foot of God's throne. If we could ever get to where we realize how humbling it is to be able to come before Almighty God with the boldness of an innocent child in the presence of his/her earthly father, there's no telling how wonderful that worship service could be. Thanks.