Sunday, August 5, 2007

For a thousand tongues...

The old hymn says, "O for a thousand tongues to sing my great redeemer's praise". This totally expresses the desire of my heart. It has been an enormously incredible weekend on so many fronts. Getting to fish with my friend Doug; getting to rescue a man out of the lake; kid's club; seeing the new bathroom at Oakstreet one step closer to completion; cultivating new friendships and celebrating old ones; rehearsing with Common Saints PB for the upcoming gig; participating in an incredible time of worship; being challenged by His word to confess my faults to others...I could go on...

God has been so good to me and there is absolutely no reason for it. What an incredibly awesome, generous, loving redeemer we have! I delight in giving Him my praise and I am in awe of His work in my life and those around me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree...this was a totally AWESOME weekend..praise God for all that He is doing in our lives' right now.

Cherie said...

I just heared tha Shane gave his heart to Christ in the middle of the night...God is awesome!!!