Thursday, August 16, 2007

God's movement, our response...

Every movement that we make in response to God has a far reaching ripple effect on the lives of people that we may never know.

I love to write music as some of you may know, which generally originates from whatever sermon or Bible study I am preparing for. There are a few songs I have included in congregational worsip sets, but the majority I have typically shared with very few people.

Recently, Josh has been a great encouragement to me to continue writing and through visiting Mandy's blog I became acquainted a few weeks ago with SoundClick. This has provided an avenue to share songs which mean a great deal to me (because of their message) with others. The best part is that I can do this without the risk of seeing them grimmace, sneer, or give me the blank stare that says, "are you about through, because I think I'm now ready to schedule that root canal I've been putting off?"

So I have put a few songs out and have been shocked beyond words with the response. The first song I placed "Let's lift Him Up" ranked within the top 100. The newest song that I shared in my previous post has shot to 67 out of 8595 songs posted in its genre. I only share this because I am so encouraged, not by the rankings, but that God has used it to move so many people to hear the message of the songs. This after those who heard the sermons, testimonies or Bible studies, which inspired the songs, have probably long since forgotten them.

All of this has served to teach me that there is no telling who will be effected if we simply respond to God's movement in our lives in a way that others can share in it. What little known ability, resource, talent, or gift do you have that God could use if you would use it in response to His movement and simply include others?

3 comments:

Cherie said...

I think that it is exciting that we can be salt and light in every area of our lives. It is wonderful that you can influence others by using the gifts and talents that God has given you. It reminds me of the God's Word that says,
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:16-18

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do,"(blog, write music,vote for a political candidate, study, work, homeschool kids!) "do it all for the glory of God."

Matt Chewning said...

Buddy. Thanks for the encouraging words. I pray that God will give you and your goup all hat you nee dto bring forth a true gospel in the state of Texas.

I believe that God has brought you 5 together for a specific purpose and if you are all able to stay obedient, God will do some wonderful things.

Keep in touch, I love your page. You have some great stuff.

Mike said...

Man, if only we had a web site we could share these great songs with an untold number of people that don't necessarily blog.......

Sorry, I couldn't resist, everyone has to have a little Mike in their life....

God has gifted you and I pray you will remain faithful in gloryfying Him through your songs.