Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Mighty Fortress

In the ministry at Oakstreet, we have been introduced to many folks who have been homeless and destitute (materially and spiritually). I have seen God do some miraculous things in the past weeks in their lives. There are still others who are searching and have not entered into a relationship with Christ. These were the ones that I had in mind when Josh and I started writing this song last week. This song is an invitation to them and anyone else searching for real meaning.

I've placed it on my sound click if you would like to hear the recording. The lyrics are below. Josh does a great job on the vocals.


"Mighty Fortress, Our God"
(©2007 by Buddy Holt & Josh Brock)


You're wandering aimless
searching for answers
you've lost yourself along the way
clinging to shadows
that are now your prison
can't find a familiar place

Surrender to Him
He's mighty to save
He's a merciful father
and He's calling today
with his arms wide open
He'll welcome you in
and you'll find real freedom
if you come now to Him

He is Hope for the hopeless
and Home for the homeless
a mighty fortress, our God
A shelter of refuge
for the lost and the lonely
a mighty fortress, our God
a mighty fortress, our God





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like! You guys are so gifted.

Anonymous said...

Great song, Buddy. I'm glad God gave you and Josh the ability to put your heart felt message to lyrics and music.

Michael Cooper said...

good song! Praise God

Cherie said...

Hey...I was so excited when I saw your song was rated 67 on the Soundclick charts! That is so cool.